The Advising and Counseling Department conducts regular parent/student information sessions that correlate with information given to students.
These sessions are designed to keep parents informed as partners in education and are mapped out throughout a student’s four years at Seton High School.
Annual topics include:
- Use of Educational Technology and Appropriate Use of Social Media
- Annual College Credit Plus and course scheduling meetings
- Grade 9 sessions introduce parents to Academic Advisors and what to expect in terms of scheduling classes, transcripts, and how to handle issues that arise during the year
- Grade 10 sessions discuss the timeline of college planning as well as scheduling to meet college goals
- Grade 11 sessions include one-on-one individual family planning meetings
- Grade 12 sessions finalize college plans including navigating financial aid